For all your ___________ needs.
The amount of times I see this on the back of a work van or on a sign on the side of the road… it’s a lot of times.
Tradespeople seem to be the worst offenders but I’ve also seen it on a drycleaning sign and outside a lighting shop to name a few.
For all your electrical needs, plumbing needs, drycleaning needs, lighting needs…
I get that coming up with a marketing idea can be difficult. But this one is not very original, in fact I’d go so far as to say it’s cliché, and I would suggest that it’s not very memorable either. Something with more focus would be far more effective. If your business name is Jones Electrical Services then it’s already quite clear that you provide electrical services. Make the most of the slogan to further enhance your service offering and your company values.
According to slogans.com “The purpose of the strapline (slogan, claim, endline, signature, etc…) is to leave the key brand message in the mind of the target. It is the sign-off that accompanies the logo. It says “If you get nothing else from this ad, get this..!”
What is the fundamental message you want the customer to get if they get nothing else? What exactly are my electrical needs? What problem might I have that you can make go away? Why should I call you rather than the other electrical contractor down the road?
If creativity is not quite your thing and you’re having trouble coming up with something better than “for all your… needs” then I suggest you engage some marketing help. But even a quick Google search brings up a few alternatives. Have a look at the following and consider what these taglines are really saying about the business. What company values would they suggest to you if you were a potential customer? What is their fundamental message?
* If water runs through it… we do it
* Finally, plumbers who pull up their pants and roll up their sleeves
* Totally dependable
* Our power is in our people
* Safety in Every Circuit
* Drop your pants here and receive our prompt attention
* Sew Clean will make you look good, smell good and feel good too!
* Got Dirt? We Got Clean!
* We Love The Jobs You Hate
Bookkeeping & accounting
* Need help with your numbers? We’re the number to call.” – this one belongs to my former company Jada Accounts so I take some credit for it, but I have to confess to getting ideas from Google.
* If it’s MYOB we sell it, we support it, we’ll train you on it, and we’re experts at it.
And lastly, here’s a link to the Top 10 Famous Business Taglines Ever.
Let me know what you’ve come up with in the comments below, or if you’ve ever come across a tagline that is particularly note-worthy.